Hello lovely friends!
How wonderful is this time of the year! We’re all winding down here at the Bhoomie Wonderland and getting ready to just be with each other – to play, to sing, to laugh and to just get quiet and remember again what we mean to each other.
This year we, the Bhoomies, have decided to decorate the whole forest, so that the trees can know how much we appreciate them. We’ve also decided to infuse the decorations with love and kindness and other good things. I am going to share with you step-by-step how we are making our wonder-infused baubles.
You will need:
- Wishes that come from the heart for: the world, your family, your friends, the earth and for whatever you would like.
- Old paper that can be re-used like old magazines, cardboard, etc. We especially love to save up old wrapping paper for this!
- Needle and thread
- Pens/ Pencils/ Paints and Brushes (your bauble can be as colourful as you would like it to be)
- A saucer/ empty jar/ anything that can help you draw same-sized circles
- Ribbon/ String
- Note: Most important is to use what you have and see how you can make it work for you – the more old items that you can re-use the better for protecting the beautiful planet that we live on. EartHeart would be happy!
1. Take your saucer and draw a circle on a piece of cardboard and cut it out. Make four cardboard circles.
2. Use one to help you cut out many paper circles – the more you have, the fuller your decoration will turn out.
3. Write your wishes or thank-yous on the circles – ideas for wishes: you can for example wish that the world will forever have rhinoceroses and that the whole world will be wrapped up in love! Wishing and thanking is easy! Just listen to your heart.
4. Place all the circles on top of each other and use something sharp to make two holes for the thread to go through.
5. For an extra special decoration: fold two of your cardboard circles and cut stars out of it or hearts or butterfly!
6. Place what you cut out in number 5 above in the middle face-to-face, then your two cardboard circles on the sides and then you can divide your other circles equally and build outwards on both sides.
7. Use the holes that you made to sew your stack together tightly.
5. Bind your ribbon/ string to the decoration in order for you to hang your decoration onto the tree.
Tip: If your decoration’s pages do not spread evenly, use some string and wrap it around the bauble between the different sheets.
Handmade always makes for lovely gifts – so you can give some of your decorations to friends and family or you can bake them some lovely cookies:
Heart Shaped Shortbread recipe (make sure you hand deliver these beautiful biscuits, made by your own fair hands)
55g/2oz caster sugar
180g/6oz plain flour
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Mix the butter and sugar together to make a smooth paste
- Stir in the flour. Then gather the mixture and put on a clean and clear work surface. Roll out until it is 1cm/ ½in thick.
- Use a heart shaped biscuit cutter to create your shapes. Or alternatively you can cut rounds or fingers shaped biscuits, and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with icing sugar and put into the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Place the biscuits to cool on a wire rack. Don’t they taste YUMMY?! : )
Use Chocolate chips for extra flavour. I used Cherries in mine. Yummy!
Tip: use a heart-shaped cookie-cutter to make them look extra special. Place them in an airtight container and wrap them up using beautiful ribbon. Perfect gift made with love.
Have a beautiful blissful Bhoomie day!